GoWilde 53: Plant a Tree!
Want to make a big difference for the future of your neighborhood, home and environment? Plant a tree (or several)! It doesn't take much effort, doesn't have to be expensive, and adding trees to your surroundings has such incredible benefits! Check out these 7 amazing assets trees give us:
1. Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the same amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.
2. Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases and filter particles out of the air by trapping them on their leaves and bark.
3. Trees cool the city by shading our houses and streets, and with temperatures always on the rise, this is becoming a very important benefit. If they are planted properly and strategically, they can help reduce your utility bills.
4. Trees can provide food- both for humans and for wildlife and birds.
5. Trees can act as sound buffers in urban areas and provide privacy.
6. Trees provide a habitat for wildlife.
7. If nothing else, trees increase property value.
So #GoWilde this weekend and plant a tree! It's a fun activity that will result in a constant reminder that you are making a difference in this world.